Student Ambassador Program
The Student Ambassador Program is a leadership program that offers Florida Career College students an opportunity to represent and promote the campus to prospective students, their families, and other guests. Student Ambassadors will be able to help educate visitors about the campus life, history, traditions and achievements of the college through supporting the student body and campus departments, conducting campus tours and orientation, familiarizing prospective and new students to campus life, supporting campus and social media events, and mentoring students in SOAR Online Platform and in lab.
What does a Student Ambassador do?
- Provide Peer Academic Support during Ambassador Hours
- Support & Facilitate Student Life & campus department events including Orientation, Gateway to Success, Open Lab Fridays, Career Day, Graduation, Senior Day, Crash a Class, Student Appreciation Events, etc.
- Conduct Campus Tours.
- Meet and greet prospective students, families, alumni, and special guests
- Promote and facilitate SOAR study groups & tutoring, round tables, student forums on SOAR and Virtual Chats weekly on SOAR.
- Assist in coordinating student resources.
- Represent the college at off-campus events as needed.
- Attend meetings and required trainings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What are the skills and characteristics required to become a Student Ambassador?
- Enthusiasm to positively represent school
- Knowledge of Program and Campus Services
- Ability to work with diverse groups
- Organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills in one-on-one and group setting
- Dependable, outgoing, and enthusiastic
- Possess the ability to listen, problem solve, and react quickly
- Must be proficient in the SOAR Student Online Platform and device used in the program.
What are the criteria to become a Student Ambassador?
- Must have successfully completed at least two (2) modules prior to applying.
- Must be current in ECPP requirements, if applicable.
- Must have and maintain a minimum of 90% cumulative GPA and above 90% attendance while in the program.
- Must be proficient in SOAR Student Online Platform and pass the SOAR proficiency quiz.
- Must be a student in good standing and not on Academic, Progress, or Disciplinary Probation.
- Must be current in student payments.
- Must be a top professional representation of program expectations.
- Must attain one instructor recommendation.
- Complete Student Ambassador Application & Student Ambassador Pledge.
- To remain in the Student Ambassador program, students must sustain criteria monthly.
What is the time commitment for Student Ambassadors?
- Must be available to attend mandatory meetings twice a month.
- Must be available to facilitate SOAR student groups and attend student events.
- Must be available to one leadership training
- Must commit to a minimum of 5 volunteer hours per week.
What are the benefits of becoming a Student Ambassador?
Student Ambassadors receive a unique Ambassador ID card, lanyard and uniform to signify honor and membership in program. Student Ambassadors also develop a wide range of transferable skills that benefit you. Employers are looking for more than just good grades and attendance; they want community involvement and service! Student Ambassadors gain leadership skills that will help build their resume. They earn letters of recommendations, graduation and monthly recognition, get connected to and serve their campus, and help students and the community learn more about our school.
See Education Office for more information and application period